To Do List
A page to track pages that requires fixing as well as a broad roadmap for any new features.
- Add a section with tips and tricks on how to best use the emulator. We could start our own Help: namespace and use it for all guides and info. Few examples of things that might figure into this section:
- The difference between per-game settings and global settings. How to identify what is being used and how to access each.
- Various errors in the log and what each colour means. Explain briefly which ones to ignore and which ones to report.
- Guide on how to use mouse functionality for either of the joysticks and the controls for sensitivity/deadzones management.
- Gotta mention no piracy somewhere on this wiki. Probably on the main page itself.
- Rework wiki parameter to accept "NA" cases where no wikipedia page exists for the game. In such cases, the link should not appear at all.
- Rework wiki parameter to include option of linking to non-english wikipedias as a few Japanese titles only have a wikipedia page in ja.wikipedia.org. Our current implementation is limited to en.wikipedia.org.
- Similarly, add a compat parameter to accept search terms other than the page name.
- Add option to link VNDb as well for all those ultra-weeb games.
- Get thumbnails working (backend; Ani pls...)
The following categories are maintenance categories that captures game pages with incorrect inputs. The number to the right of each category denotes how many pages are present within such category. Ideally, there should be zero pages within each error category. If you see a page captured below, kindly rectify the errors. Refer to the documentation in each template for guidance. Please note that this list does not cover all possible parameters and errors. You may come across errors in the game page which are not recorded here.
- Missing release date parameter (Infobox) (366)
- Regionless release date parameter (Infobox) (4) [Not necessarily an error]
- Unknown/invalid (Release region) (0)
- Missing release type parameter (Infobox) (366)
- Incorrect release type parameter (Infobox) (0)
- Missing genre parameter (Infobox) (366)
- Missing game mode parameter (Infobox) (366)
- Incorrect game mode parameter (Infobox) (0)
- Missing GameID parameter (Infobox) (0)
- Missing GameID parameter (GameID) (307)
- Incorrect IRD parameter (GameID) (0)
- Missing IRD parameter (GameID) (0)