|Publisher(s)||JP Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||JP August 28, 2008|
NA October 6, 2009
|Release type||PlayStation 3 exclusive|
|GameID(s)||BLUS30399 (IRD), BCJS30021, BCAS20050|
|Quick links||Check Compatibility|
Afrika, known as Hakuna Matata in Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan and Southeast Asia, is a photography and safari simulation video game for the PlayStation 3. Developed by Rhino Studios and published by Natsume, the game was first announced in a promotional video during the Sony press conference at E3 2006. Afrika has been referred to as being similar to the Nintendo 64 title Pokémon Snap.
The player assumes the role of a photojournalist hired to take images of various animals in Africa, as the name indicates. Gameplay is mission-driven; players receive e-mails at the base camp instructing them to which animals they must photograph. Players may then travel by foot, car, or hot air balloon to the areas where the requested animals are found in order to photograph them. The in-game camera is controlled by the Sixaxis. Depending on the quality of the photograph taken, the player will earn in-game money. The money can then be spent on new supplies, such as an upgraded camera. Real-life photos and footage of the animals can be unlocked. When unlocked, the content is stored in the "Animal Library".
Options that deviate from RPCS3's default settings and provide the best experience with this title are listed below.
|Write color buffers||On||Fixes issue with animals not detected in photos|
Animals not detected in photos
- Issue 11735: In the game you take photos of animals and then those photos are ranked - when running on RPCS3 the animals in the photos are not recognized which prevents progressing past the first mission.
- Rhino Studios (Developer)
- Sony Computer Entertainment (Publisher)
- Japan (Release region)
- Natsume (Publisher)
- North America (Release region)
- 2008 (Initial release year)
- PlayStation 3 exclusive (Release type)
- Life simulation (Genre)
- Single-player (Game mode)
- Games having IRD file(s) (GameID)
- Games missing IRD file(s) (GameID)
- Games with only Blu-ray version (GameID)
- Write color buffers: On (Config)