Once you have successfully dumped your physical Blu-ray discs or digital PSN packages, it is time to verify the validity of the dump. For physical Blu-ray discs, you will need to have the game in the folder layout format. For digital PSN packages, you will need to have content in the .pkg format.
Validating Blu-ray disc games
To check if your disc was dumped correctly:
- Download PS3-ISO-Rebuilder v188.8.131.52 from here.
- Go to PS3 IRD Database.
- Search for the IRD file corresponding to your game using the Game Serial of your game and download it. Do not use the IRDs from different game serials as it will result in false positives. If your game serial lacks an IRD file, then you CANNOT use this verification method.
- Extract and run the PS3-ISO-Rebuilder tool.
- Go to
Open -> JB Folderand select the game folder (this is the folder that contains PS3_GAME folder, PS3_DISC.SFB and optionally the PS3_UPDATE folder).
- Go to
Open -> IRDand select the IRD you downloaded for your game.
- Wait until all files are checked. Ignore any prompts you see relating to PS3UPDAT.PUP file. That file is not relevant.
- Once checked, see the lower left corner for the results. All files must show up as valid (green) and the counter for invalid, missing and not required should be
0(PS3UPDAT.PUP might appear as missing which is normal). If you have any other file invalid or missing, then your game dump is corrupted and you need to redump the disc.
Note: If you're on Linux you can use Wine to run the PS3-ISO-Rebuilder tool.
Validating PSN games
To check if your .pkg file was dumped correctly, you can use PsnPkgCheck tool. Simply drag packages and/or folders you want to check onto the .exe (do not open the .exe as it will not do anything), and look for all green
ok in the
There is no tool to verify the validity of .rap files. Users will have to boot the game and look in the log for any errors relating to decryption.