Help:Validating PlayStation 3 game dumps
This page is under construction
Validating Blu-ray disc games
To check if your disc was dumped correctly:
- Go to http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/.
- Download the PS3-ISO-Rebuilder v220.127.116.11.
- Find the IRD file corresponding to your game. Easiest way is to search for the GAMEID of your game (On Google Chrome, you must right-click the Download button and select Save link as... to download the IRD file). Do not use the IRDs from different GAMEIDs as it will result in false positives. If your GAMEID lacks an IRD file, then you CANNOT use this verification method.
- Extract and run the PS3-ISO-Rebuilder tool.
- Go to
Open -> JB Folderand select the game folder (this is the folder that contains PS3_GAME folder, PS3_DISC.SFB and optionally the PS3_UPDATE folder).
- Go to
Open -> IRDand select the IRD you downloaded for your game.
- Wait until all files are checked. Ignore any prompts you see relating to PS3UPDAT.PUP file. This files are not relevant.
- Once checked, see the lower left corner for the results. All files must show up as valid (green) and the counter for invalid, missing and not required should be
0(PS3UPDAT.PUP might appear as missing which is normal). If you have any other file invalid or missing, then your game dump is corrupted and you need to redump the disc.
Validating PSN games
To check if your PKG was dumped correctly, you can use PsnPkgCheck tool.
Simply drag packages and/or folders you want to check, and look for all green
ok in the