Netplay in RPCS3 was introduced by GalCiv, who developed RPCN, an open-source server that emulates the P2P match-making done on the PlayStation 3. RPCN can also be used to communicate with private servers for games that require a dedicated server for multi-player features. In this regard, games that require a custom server will not work unless a fan-made private server is created. This is outside the scope of the emulator, and will have to be developed by the community.
The PSN match-making feature in RPCS3 is in it's nascent stage and hence only 3 games are known to work at this time:
- Bomberman ULTRA
- Demon's Souls
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game
Guide to use Netplay
There are a few steps to configure Netplay in RPCS3 which we will cover here.
First, configure the global settings as follows:
- Ensure you're using the latest version of RPCS3.
- Navigate to
Configuration > RPCN.
- Ensure Host is set to
- Set NPID to the username of your choice.
- Click Set Password and type a custom password for your account. DO NOT FORGET THIS PASSWORD.
- Click Create Account and you will be prompted to enter your email address. Enter your email address and press Ok.
- If all goes well, you'll see a message that your account was created successfully.
- Check your email for a new email from RPCN with your token, copy and paste the token into the Token field in RPCN configuration and press Save.
To-do: Format this section better and add DeS IP/Hosts switches to it's game page. Give a link here or link to a category of all games that require IP/Hosts switches.
- Set your game configuration to (in Configuration => Network):
- Network Status to Connected
- PSN Status to RPCN
- Save and launch the game
Specifically For Demon's Souls change IP/Hosts switches to: