Netplay in RPCS3 was introduced by GalCiv, who developed RPCN, an open-source server that emulates the P2P match-making done on the PlayStation 3. RPCN can also be used to communicate with private servers for games that require a dedicated server for multi-player features. In this regard, games that require a custom server will not work unless a fan-made private server is created. This is outside the scope of the emulator, and will have to be developed by the community.
The supported titles for RPCN are:
- Bomberman ULTRA
- Demon's Souls
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game
- Alien Breed
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
Guide to use Netplay
There are a few steps to configure Netplay in RPCS3 which we will cover here.
First, configure the global settings as follows:
- Ensure you're using the latest version of RPCS3.
- Navigate to
Configuration > RPCN.
- Ensure Host is set to
- Set NPID to the username of your choice.
- Click Set Password and type a custom password for your account. DO NOT FORGET THIS PASSWORD.
- Click Create Account and you will be prompted to enter your email address. Enter your email address and press Ok.
- If all goes well, you'll see a message that your account was created successfully.
- Check your email for a new email from RPCN with your token, copy and paste the token into the Token field in RPCN configuration and press Save.
Next, configure the per-game configuration as follows:
- In the game list, right-click on the game you wish to play and press Create Custom Configuration.
- Navigate to the Network tab.
- Set Network Status to Connected.
- Set PSN Status to RPCN.
- Ensure DNS is set to 126.96.36.199, unless a different address is required for the game.
- For games that require custom servers, enter the relevant IP/Host Switches in the available text field. The list of games for which custom servers are available can be found here.
Community members also maintain a spreadsheet tracker of all upcoming custom servers and user-generated content archives.